To be issued to everyone booking the Hall. Please comply with the rules and guidance below and help us to keep the Hall clean tidy and safe. By doing so you will help us keep charges as low as possible.
Health and Safety
- The Trustees have provided an escape plan which is attached here-with. Those booking the Hall must take all additional measures necessary to ensure the safety of their group.The following should be considered.
- Take note of any difficulties of members of the group e.g elderly, disabled, young children etc.
- Exit routes being obstructed particularly by table arrangements, equipment being used, cables to electrical equipment etc.
- The number using the Hall at any one time must not exceed 45
- Users should ensure they have adequate insurance to cover any activities they may be undertaking.
Hiring and Payment
- Unless other arrangements are in place payment must be made in advance of using the Hall. We regret that cancellations without 7 days prior notice will incur a charge of £1 per hour.
- Arrangements to lock and unlock the hall will be made at the time of booking. Regular users can be provided with a key.
- Booking times do not include additional setting up or clearing up time as the Hall may be in use by others. If extra time is needed it should be allowed for when booking.
- Portable heaters must not be taken into the Hall
- The Trustees must be notified of any electrical equipment being brought into the Hall. Equipment must be P.A.T tested and leads must be safely positioned and not cross escape routes.
- Smoking is prohibited
- No fireworks are to be used in the car park
- Please clean up after using the Hall and if possible take rubbish home
- Please take notice of other guidance and information notices which may be displayed from time to time.
- Please do not put so called disposable nappies, tissues or any items other than toilet tissue into the toilets. It costs £150 to clear the drain
- Please return all furniture and equipment to original locations
This plan is to be issued to each person who books the Hall. The plan does not take account of the use to which the Hall may be put nor the needs of individual users for help and assistance. The person booking the Hall must be responsible for adapting the plan as necessary.
Means of Escape
There are two exit doors: the kitchen door is a single door, the front doors are double and open outward. Both doors must be unlocked when the Hall is in use.
In the event of electrical failure there are emergency lights and illuminated exit signs.
The kitchen door opens onto a disabled wheelchair ramp. Wheelchairs users will need assistance if using the front doors.
The front exit leads onto the pavement and main road, to the right the area adjacent may be used as a safe refuge. The ramp from the kitchen door leads to the front of the Hall .
If a Fire breaks out
There are no fire alarms and if a fire is noticed the alarm must be given verbally.
The Person in control of the group must ensure that everyone is aware of the alarm and is able to make an escape without assistance. Arrange assistance if required. Ensure that no one is using the toilets.
Unless the person in control is certain that the fire can be managed by the users everyone should be instructed to leave the hall immediately and assemble at the designated safe refuge area.A fire extinguisher and a fire blanket are available for use in the kitchen.
A responsible person should be instructed to notify the Fire Service by phoning 999,the postcode is BA14 0SA and the premises ID is BL 33 62 18. The trustees should be notified by phoning 01225766108 or 01225755214
Users must not delay their exit by collecting belongings nor attempt to remove cars from the car park at the rear.